For those of us who experience drastic seasonal change, finding a good pair of large size boots can be a huge challenge. Further, finding a fashionable pair of boots, regardless of the season can be even harder. Similar to what we did for jeans, 48 Long has been working towards putting together a guide to the brands that carry boots for #XXL men. And as we did with the jean guide, I’ll update this list as new information is presented to us. Be sure to sign up for the mailing list so that we can inform you when new information is added.
The Challenge – Find Large Size Boots for Us
Over the years I’ve noticed that most shoes and boots seem to be available right up to US size 13, so the criteria for this list is that the boots are available above that size, 14+. If a manufacturer can prove (via official statement or consumer feedback) that they make a 13 that fits like a 14 then they have been considering for inclusion on this list. Otherwise 14 is the established baseline here for large size boots.
As of the official posting of this list, an unfortunate few manufacturers have gotten back to me but next week I will be doubling down on my efforts for an official statement, given that most were contacted just before the holiday season, and employees are often on holidays during that time, it is worth the second effort. In the event that I am unable to secure an official statement, yet discover that there is availability in our size range, I will make that information available with a note that it is not an official statement/policy on large size boots.
The following is a list of manufacturers/brands I have contacted regarding large size boots, and their responses:
- Aldo – (no official statement) Aldo appears to manufacturer most of their boots up to a size 14 and they are available on their website. Speaking from personal experience it is rather hard to find size 14’s in store and they tend to fit a bit small. You can visit their website by clicking here.
- Allen Edmonds – (no official statement) Allen Edmonds offers an extensive range of boots up to size 15 if you are looking for something a bit more high end. You can visit their boot range by clicking this link and using the filters to specify the sizes to see what is available in the extended range.
- BedStu – BedStu offers three styles in extended sizes which you can view by going to the extended sizes section of their website. It appears as though they offer up to size 17 in some cases.
- Blundstone – (no official statement) Blundstone offers a range of boots (nearly all) up to US mens size 14. Of interesting side note, a Blundstone boot was used as the basis for my costume footwear when filming the Sony PS4 Skyrim commercial and they were incredibly comfortable for long shooting days. You can visit their website here.
- Clarks – (no official statement) If you go to Clark’s website you can use the filter down the left side to find boots all the way up to size 16.
- Cole Haan – (no official statement) On Cole Haan’s website they offer a size filter that ranges up to US Men’s 15, however as of the date of publication there were no products available in 14+ in the category of boots.
- Crockett and Jones – (no official statement, no size filter on the website, no sign of large sizes)
- Danner – Danner offers many of their boots in sizes 14 and up, and has an extended range of boot products covering Work, Military, Law Enforcement, Hunting, Hiking, Lifestyle segments and more.
- Dr Martens
- Donald J Pliner
- Ecco – Ecco responded to me with a statement suggesting that they offer a couple of their more popular styles in an extended size range. At the time of this writing only the Ecco Track II High was available in extended sizes but inventory comes and goes. The Track 25 Moc High is also typically available in larger sizes.
- Edward Green
- Fracap – Fracap is an Italian manufacturer of shoes and boots that will create you a custom made pair to suit your tastes. They offer all of their sizes and styles up to European size 52. For the sake of conversion for North American readers, Euro size 52 is approximately a US sized 16.
- Johnston and Murphy – (no official statement) A quick look at the Johnston and Murphy website using the sizing filters reveals three different models of boots in up to size 16.
- LL Bean –The official statement from LL Bean indicates that they offer up to size 14 online, however I was also able to discover several sized 15 options on their website as well. You can click this link and refine your search to include only boots.
- Nisolo – An official statement from a representative from Nisolo: “Good news! We have a few styles where the 13 fits more like a 14. The Luciano Dress Boot, the Cortez mid-top sneaker, Diego low-top sneaker, and the Alejandro (once it’s restocked in spring). These are all available on our website. Expanding our sizing is definitely on our radar, however, we’re waiting on demand to pick up as we’re still a really small company.”
- Parc City Boot – Parc City features many styles in sizes ranging from 14-17 which can be found in the oversized section of their website. You can purchase directly via their website or in store at many popular retailers throughout North America. Of note, Parc City is also a specialist in oversized belts.
- Red Wing Shoes – Our Heritage Collection does offer a few select styles in size 14, in the D width. Those styles and models are the following: Beckman: 9014, 9016 Iron Ranger: 8111, 8114, 8119 Roughneck: 8146 Work Chukka: 3140, 3141, 3150 6-inch Moc: 875, 8138, 9075. A note was made that the ecommerce website only works in the US so you can use their store finder to try to find them in person.
- RM Williams
- Stacy Adams
- Ted Baker
- The North Face – An official statement from a customer service representative states that The North Face makes shoes and boots up to US Size 15 but that they are only available by purchasing online.
- Thursday Boot Company
- To Boot New York – (no official statement) To Boot has an easy to navigate website with a size filter located at the top of
- their boots page. It appears as though most of their boots are available up to a size 15.
- Undandy – Undandy is a manufacturer in the growing sector of custom shoes and boots. A statement from their CEO Rafic Daud: “We believe in offering our customers the ability to design their own custom created dress shoes. As our shoes are handcrafted in our workshop in Portugal, our leather soles which are Blake stitched, can be made up to European size 52.” For the sake of conversion for North American readers, Euro size 52 is approximately a US sized 16.